- Founded in Lisbon, Portugal, in 1976
- Electricity, gas and renewable energy market
- Commercial activity in 13 countries
- World leader in the renewable energy sector, as well as the fourth largest producer of wind energy in the world
- Platinum medal awarded by EcoVadis, placing it among the top 1% of companies assessed on sustainability
- Commitment to being a 100% green company by 2030
This project aimed to improve the working conditions of the people who work on wind farms every day.
A wind farm usually has 7 installations to extract energy. Each installation belongs to a particular company (CEPSA, REPSOL), which in turn works for EDP. At the end of each month, the different entities have to gather all the information relating to electricity data and send it to EDP.
Normally, this process is carried out by sending CSV files (without any defined rules or templates). EDP is responsible for analysing and extracting all this information, but it’s a manual and very time-consuming process, often taking more than 3 weeks.
To meet the previously mentioned need, an application was developed to receive the various CSV files from the different entities and, according to the defined business rules, map them and generate the final file.
In cases where the files contain errors, the application itself detects the errors and presents them to the user for correction.
This project required integrating the application into EDP’s environment. This integration involved tasks such as:
- Configuring EDP’s network, together with the Alter Solutions team.
- Implementing the application on EDP’s infrastructures.
- Configuring the Azure server and fixing related problems.
- Installing the application on the new EDP server.
- Microsoft Azure
ResultsA process that would have taken three weeks manually is now instantaneous with the app.
The Alter Solutions’ team was involved in all the phases of this project, including:
- Functional analysis.
- Creation of user stories and the backlog.
- Technical analysis.
- Architecture definition.
- Acceptance and integration tests.
- Application of the Scrum methodology in the development process (Agile First).