Banking & Finance (a major French commercial bank)
Working closely with a team responsible for defining the architecture models for applications and infrastructure services
We worked for an entity that manages the infrastructure requirements of a major French banking group.
We reported to a team responsible for defining the architecture models for applications and infrastructure services in order to meet availability, continuity and resilience goals across all technical and development aspects.
- Advice and assistance with development projects and programs;
- Participation in architecture committees;
- Evangelising best practice in terms of IT resilience for applications and infrastructure hosted on premise and in the public cloud within development teams;
- Use of cloud providers' managed services;
- Breaking down applications into microservices;
- Setting up containerisation with Docker and orchestration with Kubernetes.
Keys to success
- Implementing a microservices architecture to build highly scalable and resilient applications with optimum access times;
- Proposing toolchains to automate the "Build – Test – Release” processes by integrating security and quality into a DevSecOps approach, in advance;
- Introducing a continuous improvement process for “People, Process, Product” aspects.